Thoughts and observations about the movie:
- I think the actress, Keke Palmer, playing Queen Latifah's daughter has an exceptional voice.
- At times, okay most of the time, this seemed like one huge Glee episode to me, albeit with the racial mix pretty much flip-flopped.
- Dolly continues to have an amazing voice and a huge heart. (← no pun intended)
- I love the Queen—great pair on her, too. And her lungs are great, too. Badumpbump. We're here until the end of the blog entry, folks. Try the veal.
- This movie had a predictable Hollywood destination (figuratively and literally), but I forgave that for the entertaining music during the journey.
- If you like musicals, and/or Queen Latifah, and/or Dolly, and/or Glee, and/or church choir music, I'm pretty sure you'll love this movie.