My thoughts in no particular order, hence the rhetorical device known as the unordered list:
- I thought this film was very well done.
- I never looked at the time at all during this movie.
- I thought the Eddie Redmayne, playing Colin, did a great job of portraying that "I can't believe this is happening to me" feeling that his character must have experienced while all this was taking place.
- I thought Michelle Williams, playing Marilyn, really nailed that "I know I can turn it on when I really need to" knack that Marilyn had.
- I really liked Kenneth Branagh's portrayal of Sir Laurence Olivier.
- I always love Judi Dench in anything. This was no exception.
- I wonder why it took so long to make this movie, since the book came out in 1995, I believe it said at the end.
- I would love to have seen/known Colin's reaction when he got the news of Marilyn's death and to know if he was invited to the funeral.