DailyAfirmation (dailyafirmation) wrote,

Sedona, Arizona

We had the complimentary continental breakfast at the hotel, which was surprisingly good, and filling. There were a lot of people in there, though.

We checked out at around 10 or 10:30, and headed down to Sedona. Oh my God! What a beautiful place that town is! The rock formations there are just stunning. Every time we turned a corner, we said, "Oh MY!" "Look at THAT!" I took a lot of pictures. I hope they turn out.

We had a very filling lunch at a Mexican restaurant there. After two baskets of chips with salsa, I had a taco salad, and Robert had a sampler platter.

Leaving there, we shopped just a little, for a couple of refrigerator magnets, and some fudge. We then drove off, taking more pictures on the way out.

Near Phoenix, I pulled over to the side of the road to take a few pictures of the cacti growing along the road. I scraped up my leg a little on one plant that looked dead to me. Dead, maybe, but not needle-less!

The Four Points hotel in Phoenix was just okay. It certainly wasn't as luxurious as it was in the pictures from which I picked the place. It was free, however, staying on my points. We got eight bar coupons instead of the four we were expecting, and four breakfast buffet vouchers instead of the two we were expecting.

As it turned out, though, the bar sucked. First we ran over to Charlie's, the gay C&W bar that we were going to later in the night, so we'd know where it was. When we returned, we stopped in the bar for a drink. The bar tender wasn't very friendly, and the place was just dead. Later, before we went out, we stopped in for another drink, and the soda dispenser was not working. The bartender gave no other options, like maybe getting management to open a vending machine and get some mixers or something. I ended up drinking a bourbon on the rocks, which was way strong. We didn't even use the other four coupons.

We went to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, where the IGRA dance competitions were going on. We watched some of the dancers, and they weren't overly impressive. Not the line dancers, anyway. We enjoyed a few of the couples dances. The competition was supposed to end at 10:00, though, and the floor open for dancing. At about 10:20, there was still no end in sight to the competition. The drag queen emceeing the event, was really getting tiring.

We left at around 10:30, and headed over to Charlie's. The place was jam packed, and hopping. I did a few line dances, and Robert and I danced several two-steps. I had a great time.

Last call was announced at 12:30, serving stopped at 12:40, and they came around to pick up all glasses at 1:00. Then, right at 1:00, they put on a Latin salsa-type song, and the place just rushed onto the dance floor. Just like that. Country night was over, and it turned sort of hip hop.

We danced to a couple of those songs, and then called it a night.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.