One of my LJ friends, e_musings, often posts what she refers to as "listy" entries, and that's what I'm going to try to do for today's entry:
- With my coffee, for breakfast I had one of the leftover Entenmann's cinnamon buns from yesterday's board meeting.
- I listened to country gospel, while doing the list item before this one and following this one. :-)
- I went through today's PostSecrets, which included this one that I don't understand at all:
Note: On the back of the card, it says, "Four years later," which doesn't help me at all. What do you think it means?
- I read the local news on wral.com.
- On Facebook, I read through my friends' status updates and I made moves in five Scrabble games that I'm in the midst of.
- I instant message-chatted with Robert.
- My laptop came to a screeching halt, and I spent probably an hour troubleshooting it, which included updating my antivirus program and starting a virus scan on it.
- I skimmed through the latest edition of NC State magazine.
- I emptied the dishwasher.
- I checked blogs that I follow for updates, including Sarah's two study abroad blogs: LONDON: ENG 331 (class blog) and Our London Summer (personal blog), Vanessa's, Nick's and Glenn's personal blogs, and I commented on a couple of Sarah's personal blog entries.
- I reloaded my pill container with the week's supply.
- I looked through three coupon magazines and only cut out one coupon.
- I Googled what makes EVOO extra virgin.
- I read a chapter of Outliers, and once again hate that I put that book down for so long between readings. It's always compelling to me.
- Because my antivirus program was still running and considerably slowing down my machine, I decided to go the gym figuring I'd be more productive on my laptop when I got back and the scan was finished. I did 300 (15 sets of 20) ab crunches, and 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machine.
- I stopped at the next door grocery store where I picked up, among other things: bread, balsamic vinegar, crab meat, lettuce, pineapple, and cantaloupe.
- When I got home my power was out, and I was fit to be tied. This is about the third time in two months that my power has gone out over a little bit of wind and rain.
- Because it was 4:00, the message on the Progress Energy outage line estimated my power restoration at 5:45, and I had stuff I wanted to get done online that I couldn't afford to wait another hour-and-half (without any guarantee that it would actually be fixed by 5:45), I went to my office.
- I finished the minutes for the Manbites Dog Theater Board of Directors meeting that I started yesterday.
- By then it was after 5:45, and when I checked the outage line before heading home, it gave a new projected restoration time of 9:30, which made me livid.
- As I was closing up my office to run and grab a bite to eat, my phone rang and it was actually a real live person at Progress Energy telling me that my power was already restored. Don't ask me why that stupid message just gave me a 9:30 estimate if it was already back on, but I was grateful that they could tell that since I called in again, I thought it was still out, and so called me.
- I went home to eat instead, where I had a huge and delicious salad for dinner consisting of lettuce, onion, grape tomatoes, Swiss cheese, pineapple, raisins, and cucumbers all topped with Olde Cape Cod Toasted Sesame Soy & Ginger dressing. Yummy!
- I caught up two days worth of my blog.
- I made more Scrabble moves on Facebook, and instant message-chatted with Robert again.
- I calendared my NCGLFF movies.
- I sent Robert's review of the play The Homosexuals that he saw when in Chicago recently, as well as a copy of the board of directors meeting minutes to Jeff and Ed, asking for a review of them before making them generally available.
- Just before bed, I cut up that cantaloupe I bought earlier so it would be chilled in the morning, and I loaded the coffee pot for my standard four cups that fill my Thermos®.
For the record, e_musings lists are never this detailed, and as a result, never this long. I think I've somehow defeated the purpose of making the entry a list, but there you have it. That's what makes me me, and she she. Shosheshez.