I was tagged by Jen Riehle, over in her blog, to do this.
- If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
Misty and Sophie were most definitely daddy's little girls. Misty slept above and in an arc around my head on my pillow, and Sophie slept between my legs.
- If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
To have been a dancer on Broadway.
- What would you do with a billion dollars?
I'd live as if I didn't have a billion dollars.
- What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Putting things in context.
- What is your bedtime routine?
I'm usually online until 1:00 or 2:00 AM. When I'm not, I'm reading in bed until I fall asleep.
- If you could go back and do it again would you, and if so, when would you go back to?
I would have started living my authentic life a lot earlier than 18 years ago.
- What kind of books do you read?
I read all kinds of book as I can't remember the time when I wasn't in a book club. Between the NEMATOMES for 11 years (a book a month), a short-lived GLBT book club, and my 15-year-running Mostly Social Book Club, I've read an inordinate number—and a wide variety—of books.
- How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Using a mirror, I suppose. (Badumpbump, I'm here another 10 years, folks.) Active, both socially and intellectually—&deity willing.
- What’s your fear?
Getting brain cancer.
- Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
No, I'm happy seeing it on YouTube.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Use the bathroom. There's nothing like being regular in your later years. It gives one the illusion of being healthy.
- If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? Or, if you’re single – if you could choose a significant other who looked like anyone in the world, who would it be?
Just the idea of trying to change other people to suit me creeps me out. I'm not interested in changing a single thing about my significant other. That's what makes him "other." With that said, I'd support him in any way that I could in changing anything about himself that he'd like to change.
- If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
- If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
Sun, assuming the planet will continue to get drinking water from some other source during that time.
- If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Cheese. All kinds of cheeses. I just love cheese. Bread would be a close second, for sure.
- What is the thing you enjoy the most about blogging?
The social aspect when people engage, but if or when they don't, it's the ability to look back on any day of my life and see what was consuming my thoughts and how I may or may not have changed over the years.
- Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
I prefer salty foods, but that doesn't stop me from eating sweet ones.
- What items are in your purse right now?
Although I'm not opposed to carrying a purse, I can rarely find one to match my shoes, so I don't. My wallet contains my driver's license, my ATM card, my credit card, two bar membership cards, my free bus fare card, my work ID badge, $100 in cash, and my health care card.
- If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
The beach, but it wouldn't bother me to not actually set foot on the beach itself while there. Perhaps I just like the notion of a beach.
- What television show do you watch that you know you shouldn’t?
Rule #2: Tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (OK, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers).
I'm not a tagger, so I'm ignoring rule #2. Thanks for reading.