? ?

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Rain, rain, go away!

We rode out to Louisburg with sprinkling rain along the way. Once there, the bottom fell out, and it started absolutely pouring. Ken canceled the ride, and moved it to tomorrow. We are going to forgo the scheduled Lake Wheeler ride, originally scheduled for tomorrow.


- Today’s ride was supposed to be the “Near Century,” 90-mile ride. However, when we arrived in Louisburg, at 7:00 in the morning, the bottom just fell out, and it poured. The forecast was not good for the day, and because it was to be such a long ride, and very rural (i.e., not many shelters should it start really thundering and lightening), the captain postponed the ride to Monday. We plans to get the word to the riders who weren’t there so they wouldn’t show up tomorrow in North Raleigh for the originally scheduled 40-mile ride.


- That this has been the rainiest training season ever in the five years our captain has been leading the training rides.

- That after getting up at 5:30AM on a holiday weekend, riding about 40 miles to our starting point, canceling the ride, stopping for a big breakfast on the way home, I can still fall right back asleep once I get home and in my bed.


- No pain today, other than the weather!


- Disappointed in yet another rained out training ride, and the big one!

Joe, Robert, and I stopped at Finch's on the way home and had breakfast. I had my usual cheese and sausage omelet, and Robert and Joe both had the French Toast.

We all very highly approved of the bathroom in the place.

The weather was rainy on and off all day. In the early afternoon, Robert and I went shopping. We were on a mission to find a Rubbermaid cake pan for Pistachio Nut Cake I was taking to the cookout tonight. We finally found one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond!

I got a bunch of stuff at Target, including a new bathroom set for the guest bathroom, and a new bedroom set (matching sheets, pillowcases, shams, and comforter) and an alarm clark for the guest bedroom. I also got some other odds and ends, such as an ironing board.

We got back to the house at about 4 and I put the icing on the cake, and stored it in the new cake pan. Yippee.

We took about an hour nap, and left for the cookout at about 5:45. The cookout, at David and Eddie's was great. We had good food, good company, and after chowing down on hot dogs, hamburgers, and kielbasa on the grill, we cut three cakes for dessert.

After lighting off boxes and boxes and boxes of sparklers after dinner, we watched some of Jay's slides from his trip to Kauai, and then all watched Sordid Lives, which was a hoot!

We left there at about 11:20, and went right to bed as we had to, once again, be up at 5:30, and out to Louisburg by 7:00AM for, once again, "the big ride."



Latest Month

February 2017



Powered by
Designed by Paulina Bozek