- I made up my route today, as I just wanted to get one in due to missing the one Sunday due to rain. I rode from my house off Western Blvd. to my friend Steve’s house in Garner. Later I measured it, at 20 miles.
WHAT I LEARNED
- That you can ride all the way to someone’s house, and even though their car is in the driveway, they might not be home.
- That I have enough supporters in Garner to have a pretty good chance of finding one of them out and about. I ran into Joye Stephenson and her mother. Always good to see them.
- That there is a hiking trail in the woods just off Western Blvd. that’s worth exploring, both on foot and on the bike.
- That rushing home to get back before dark, and riding into the setting sun can be challenging. One traffic light I could not even see because of the blinding sun in my eyes.
- Nothing hurt. This was a “baby ride.” J
HOW I FEEL
- I feel good about getting a mid-week training ride in.
- I feel less good about it being a 20-mile ride, when the ride I missed on Sunday was 50 miles.
- Excited about next weekend’s big rides, one 60 miles, one 90 miles, and the third 40 miles. Worried about the weather, as currently the forecast is not good.