- To see the weather for many U.S. and worldwide cities, type "weather" followed by the city and state, U.S. zip code, or city and country. Type in weather new york city, ny or weather 27606, for examples.
- If you're looking for a store, restaurant, or other local business you can search for the category of business and the location and we'll return results right on the page, along with a map, reviews, and contact information. Type in: sushi palo alto, for example.
- You can use Google to convert between many different units of measurement of height, weight, and volume among many others. Just enter your desired conversion into the search box and we'll do the rest. Type in 2 tsp in tbsp or 22 cm in inches or 2 liters in gallons, for examples.
- To find reviews and showtimes for movies playing near you, search for "movies". If you've already saved your location on a previous search, the top search result will display showtimes for nearby theaters. Type in movies showtimes raleigh, nc or movies showtimes 27606. After that you have to click on the first item on the results screen, which in this case will be: Showtimes for Raleigh, NC.
- To see scores and schedules for sports teams type the team name or league name into the search box. Type in white sox or nuggets or nascar, for examples.
- To see flight status for arriving and departing U.S. flights, type in the name of the airline and the flight number into the search box. aa 905 or delta 656, for examples.
- To see a definition for a word or phrase, simply type the word "define" followed by the word(s) you want defined. Type in define antepenultimate, for example
- To see the time in many cities around the world, type in "time" and the name of the city. Type in time havana cuba, for example.
This morning at work, we had a short celebration of donuts and coffee for two colleagues who had graduated from a year-long leadership development program.
Some funny conversation ensued around my question as to whether a South Park character they were talking about was "that lady with the very tall blue hair." Needless to say, at times, the fact that I haven't had a television for seven years and two months now is taking its toll on my ability to resolve pop cultural references. So sue me.
The roadwork outside the front of our building moved to a new level today, literally shaking our building at times, as they presumably pummeled into the existing road surface to bury cables and other things being put underground in the Hillsborough Street "big dig."
I'm not overly comfortable—in my second floor office—with a brick and concrete building actually shaking while I'm in it.
I had quite a late lunch today, but a most delicious one, at Laziz Biryani Corner.
Tonight was Casey's last night, and he wanted to stay in to get a good night's sleep. He assured me that I shouldn't feel at all guilty about going out without him. If you insist, I cannot resist...
I met Joe at Flex, where we parked and then walked down to The Borough for a couple of drinks. I had one bourbon and diet, and Joe had two beers.
We got to Flex at around 9:30 or so, and it stayed pretty dead for quite a while. Eventually the place did fill up, including with a lot of straight people, since it was "Alternative Friday."
Joe and I spent most of the night talking with Jeffrey (the mailman/actor) and Phil and Joe (with whom we did the ride). Eventually, Joe introduced himself to a guy named Darryl and Jeffrey introduced himself to another guy named Jeffrey, so the group expanded to seven.
I left all of them there at about 1:00 or so, as I had to be up at 4:15 to take Casey to the airport.