- Hot and Spicy Chicken for lunch
- For dinner, a Taco Bell Chicken Ranch salad with two packets of their "Hot" and two packets of their "Fire" sauce on it
- A slew of Cheetos w/Jalapeños with a couple of drinks at my house last night after picking up Joe at the airport
Hooray for product functionality and ingenuity! Ever since I've had my wireless mouse—since Christmas—I've been storing the piece that goes into the USB port in a pocket of my computer bag that's not very easy to get it out of.
Just today, I noticed that on the underside of the mouse, there is a place to slide it in for storage. This is one of those very little things in life that is going to make me very happy!
My morning was consumed in meetings—one from 9:00-10:00 and another from 10:30-11:30. I did manage, between those two meetings, to get my friend and colleague, Chris, to touch up that photo that I want to get in the mail before leaving town on Thursday.
I invited my manager to walk across the street with me to try out the new window where they sell NC State's famous ice cream. I think she had Cherry Vanilla. I had Dulce de Leche Cheesecake, which was out of this world.
I met with my Nathan Grooms, my financial advisor, from 6:00-7:00, and in spite of being in somewhat of a cash flow situation these past couple of months, I'm doing just fine. My investments are actually up year-to-date, which is great news, and we talked about me retiring "again," "for real" in four years. However, I'm really planning to work another nine years. But, we'll see how it goes. It's nice to know that I can always walk away if I want to.
I stopped by the Target at North Hills Mall, where I turned in my edited photo for one-hour printing service. While I waited, I had dinner at Five Guys for the first time, and the hamburger was out of this world.
Once home, I framed the 8x10, wrapped it in bubble wrap filled a box half with foam peanuts, put the frame in, and filled the rest with more peanuts and crumpled newspaper. All wrapped with brown shipping paper and packing tape. Good to go in the morning.
I did a little more straightening up, but my imminent guest has taken off some of the pressure of everything being just so, so I'm going with that. Life is short.
So, Robert and I are off to Disney on a 6:30 flight Thursday morning. I finally checked the forecast for our long weekend. The good news is that there's no rain in the forecast. The not-so-good news is the projected temperature:
That's a little warm for my taste.
I'm getting psyched about the trip. We're staying at a nice place on the property, Port Orleans–French Quarter, and I've noted some "must see" attractions from my many times there:
- Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom)
- It's Tough to Be a Bug (Animal Kingdom)
- Reflections of China - 360° (Epcot)
- Universe of Energy Pavilion with Ellen! (Epcot)
- Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (Epcot)
- Soarin' (Epcot)
- it's a small world (Magic Kingdom)
- The Haunted Mansion (Magic Kingdom)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (Magic Kingdom)
- Country Bear Jamboree (Magic Kingdom)
- The Hall of the Presidents (Magic Kingdom)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster(Hollywood Studios)
- Tower of Terror (Hollywood Studios)
- Lights, Motors, Action! (Hollywood Studios)
Robert has never been. What's your favorite attraction(s) in all of Disney?