|Just a quick note to let you know that your email made my morning. As I am slogging through emails, yours was a lovely way to start my work day.|
I had an über-productive day, considering I didn't "work" today.
I got a lot of STC to-do items checked off:
- I sent a note to the dean of CHASS with a copy of our newsletter attached.
- I sent a note to the newsletter editor of the STC Carolina Community with a copy of our newsletter attached.
- I nudged Myra for newsletter-related receipts that she needs to submit to STC for reimbursement.
- I formatted the minutes of our 01/09/07 STC Board Meeting @ Helios, and FTPed them to the STC web page server space.
- I sent an e-mail to Jenn telling her that the file was now available to add to the minutes page.
- I did a little research on "technical communication skills," updated my membership directory survey to quasi-address skills, and fired an e-mail off to Kim and Sarah about a final review of the survey.
- Confirming my 1:00 call on Thursday with Dr. Covington.
- Sending job openings to E-Ching.
- Devising Tuesday's blog entry.
I got to dancing at about 5 'till 9, and for once there was already a good number of dancers there: Carl, Bill, Rick, Sean, and Todd. Shortly thereafter, Geromy, Michael, Stephen, and Ernie arrived, so we had a good crowd. The non-dancing crowd was thin, though.
We learned a new, somewhat difficult, dance, which totally broke down when we put the music on, mostly because it is somewhat of a difficult dance, and the music that goes with it is quite fast.
We're going to review it again next week, and Carl is going to try to find a song that is a little bit slower for us to use the first few times we try it to the music again.