I refrained from walking up to him and saying, "Boy, you have dick-do." David Sedaris gives the definition of "dick-do": "His stomach sticks out farther than his dick do."
I observed how people in their mid-to-late 50s in the obituaries seem to have died "so young." They weren't "old" or "old enough" until they were in their mid-to-late 60s. There was a time when those in their 50's were "old enough." Namely, when I wasn't 48.
I observed that just four years ago, I couldn't find "the ball" dropping in Times Square live on the Internet anywhere. Tonight I watched the whole scene easily on video.msn.com, where there was even a choice of three viewpoints from which to watch the event: the Hosts, the Crowd, and the Skybox. I chose the crowd.
I observed that this is my second year in a row of blogging every single day of the year. Yay, me.
I shopped at the Harris Teeter at Cameron Village, where I bought:
- Kraft 1000 Islands (Regular)
- Kraft 1000 Islands (Fat-Free)
- 1 Red Pepper, 1 Green Pepper, 1 Yellow Pepper
- Celery Hearts
- Sliced Mushrooms
- A Cucumber
- Black Grapes
- Fresh Broccoli Crowns
- 3 Tangerines
- 4 Ripe-Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- Canned Tomatoes Diced
- Miracle Whip Light
- Land O'Lakes Butter
- Dole Pineapple Tidbits
- Lite Havarti Cheese
- White Cooking Wine
- Fat-Free Croutons
- CPK Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza
- CPK Thai Chicken Pizza
- Sunmaid Raisins
- McCormick Parsley Flakes
- McCormick Basil Leaves
- McCormick Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (at a $1.10 a piece!)
- Sausage Patties
- 1.25-lbs Fresh Shrimp
- Chopped Garlic
- Breyers Lite Butter Pecan
- Breyers All That Caramel (They were buy one, get one free!)
- Hawaiian King Rolls
- A Loaf of Jalepeno Cheddar Bread
- A Dozen Eggs
Once home, I:
- Diced the green, red, and yellow peppers.
- Diced an onion.
- Chopped the broccoli crowns.
- Sliced carrots.
- Sliced the cucumbers.
- Chopped the sliced mushrooms. (Yes, I did!)
- Sliced the diced tomatoes. (Kidding! What do you think I am, OCD?)
I stored all of these prepared items to make a salad and brianrdu's "Shrimp Fra Diavolo" recipe tomorrow. Actually, I suppose technically, it's Giada De Laurentiis' recipe, which I got from brianrdu.
Robert arrived at about twenty 'til midnight, to toast in the New Year with me. While we watched the ball drop on the Web, we split a bottle of Korbel (Brut), and I had some Cape Cod potato chips with mine.