DailyAfirmation (dailyafirmation) wrote,

Games Night...

Finished up the last couple of letters, and wrote out 40 cards to folks not receiving the letter! I feel very good when this is done each year, but really do need to get started a little earlier on the project. I am especially pleased about the beautiful printer paper in spite of its cost.

I went to the post office at about 2:00. The letters ended up weighing between 1.5 and 1.75 ounces, and I knew I needed to add a 23-cent stamp to each of them. The line was amazingly short. I got the postage for Michael and Nick's card to London ($.80), and 26 23-cent stamps. I posted those, mailed the letters and the 40 cards. Whew! All done! Feels good!

I stopped at Hardee's to get a quick lunch before having to be at Jay's at 2:45. He called me at about 2:20, and said, "Come at 3:00 instead. I'm behind."

I got there at 3:00, and he still hadn't even packed. He gave me my Christmas gift, a book called, "Bless Your Heart, Tramp!", which is absolutely hysterical. I know because I had time to read four chapter while he finished packing and getting ready to go. We left at about 3:40, and arrived at the airport close to 4:00. He told me to "drive aggressively" (first time I've heard that, it's usually quite the opposite), and got a little stressed out (read: bitchy) as we approached the airport exit and there was a line waiting to get off the exit ramp. We got him there on time.

On the way to the airport, I had called Triangle Vision Center to see if the optician was still there, at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon. She'd said somebody'd be there until 6:00, so I drove by there. I had my glasses adjusted, as they were quite crooked still, from when I sat on them on my bed in Paris. The sides were almost bent straight down, and I remember bending them back up very slowly praying they wouldn't snap. Got that all taken care of, and that boy there is sexy, to boot.

I got back home around 5:00, and Robert arrived around 6:00. We had broiled balogna and jack cheese on a bagel with some reduced fat Ruffles chips. I'm such a good cook. Bless my mess!

Games night was lots of fun. We opened at 7, and by the time it got to be 7:20, and no one had yet arrived it occurred to me that it must start at 7:30. Just after 7:30, Jamie arrived, and me, Robert, and him started a gay of "Chicago." Counter-intuitively, it took longer to play with three people than more. Makes sense, though, as you have less people to play off of. The both seemed to enjoy it a lot.

I brought my new electronic Catch Phrase game, and the table that played it seemed to really enjoy it. They played it forever. Me, Robert, and Jamie played a game of Dominoes after Chicago, and then a game of Scrabble after that. Robert won both the Dominoes and Scrabble game. I believe Jamie won Chicago.

We had to wait for the one table to finish up after 11:15. I called Steve to tell him that we wouldn't be meeting him "out" tonight, as I'd only had 3 hours sleep last night -- printing those letters and I was beat.

Robert and I went home at about 11:30, and... MMMMMMMMMMMM!

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.