I installed RSSReader, and set up feeds for the blogs I want to continue to follow from ENG 519. I wish I had done it long ago. Thanks, Michelle and Dr. Swarts, for being the impetus to my getting it done.
Now I'm rooting around the Internet for feeds of interest. The News & Observer has some feeds, but unfortunately, not one for the obituaries.
I responded to an e-mail sent to me yesterday by my good friend Irene:
1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Normally I would say on the beach, but since YOU are going to have a beach house, I'm going to build one near one of the ski slopes in Colorado or on Lake Tahoe. By the way, my beach house would have been four or five rows back, not beachfront.
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
Shorts and a t-shirt. My year-round outfit, for all occasions.
3. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT...
NPR's "Driveway Moments," and I was quite disappointed in it.
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING?
7:30 or 8 during the week. 10 or 11 on the weekend.
5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
I use the toaster oven the most, but my favorite is my food processor.
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT(s), WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The piano, preferably a grand one.
7. FAVORITE COLOR?
I'm kind of partial to the rainbow.
8. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV ?
I require a V6, four-door sedan. My last car was a Camry, my current car is Camry, and my next car will be a Camry.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
I think it's a nice notion.
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
The Sissy Duckling by Harvey Fierstein. Here's a synopsis.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
Fall, once it's cool enough to wear a sweat-jacket.
12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
To be invisible.
13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
I don't have one, but have thought about it a lot. If I get one, it will be of the logo used for the AIDS ride, and I would get it somewhere on my lower leg, probably my left leg. This is what it looks like:
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Only my priorities.
15. THE ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
No one comes to mind. (** My original response. I've been thinking and thinking about this, and have changed my response.**)
My friend Adam. Just to hold his hand and say good-bye. Adam lived for something like 12-15 years being HIV , was in the hospital for about 2-3 weeks, which I didn't know about, and I returned from a week's vacation in Provincetown on Saturday, September 24, 2002, to find out he had died. Just like that. Goodbye, my friend.
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Wednesday, and the first and third Saturday of the month -- because they're DANCE days.
17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
I just damaged a tire, and had to dig out the spare. So right now the damaged tire is in there, and all of the tools used to change the tire two days ago have just been thrown back in there. There is also a camping stool/chair, and a pair of too-big-for me cowboy boots. I, too, have an extra set of wiper blades in there, but they are a matching set.
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
I'm not the least interested in liking sushi.
19. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
I am only responding to YOU.
20. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
21. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM?
One of my most favorite people in the world. Uhm, that would be YOU.
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
I'm not big on flowers, but if I had to pick one, I supposed I'd say the "Bird of Paradise." This is what it looks like:
I turned in early to read tomorrow's book club reading assignment.