DailyAfirmation (dailyafirmation) wrote,

Touched hearts...

Today I received two heart-warming communiques in regards to Matt Arrington. One was from Matt's partner, David, thanking me for my remembrance of Matt, which was captured in this journal posting.

David wrote:

Thank You John

Sorry you couldn't make it to games night last week when we got to talk about Matt. I was very touched by your email which Matt Stokes got to share. You said some wonderful things that I like to remember about my Matt.

I may take you up on the offer to call, chat, or hang out sometime. Right now I'm enjoying being at home and trying to settle into my new life. I plan on coming to games and playing sometime in the future, but for now that was such a Matt thing that I just can't.

I really do appreciate it your words and offer.

David Martin

The other was an anonymous posting to that very entry. I wish I knew who this friend of Matt's was.

I left work today at 1:15, due to the weather, intending to connect with Jason at 2:00 to help me with the QMX problem. I got home at 4:05!!! (I live 20-25 minutes from work.)

I-40 was an absolute nightmare! At one point I was completely stopped, car turned off, for 20 minutes. Cars and trucks couldn't make it up hills, and then couldn't stop going down them. Further, fairly quickly, the right two lanes became unusable because they were too icy. Cars were stuck intermittently out there, spinning their wheels, and slowly sliding off to the side of the road as they did, some hitting others, while everyone else was trying to make their way over to the left. It was an unbelievable mess.

Thanks to dieting and drinking a ton of water, I had to go to the bathroom on the way home. At one point, I took an empty water bottle I had in my car and filled it up. I couldn't wait any longer. I convinced myself that people wouldn't know it wasn't Mountain Dew if I opened my door and spilled it onto the road. Then I thought, It might steam. So, since I was in the right-most lane, I opened the passenger door, and poured it out there on the ground. Not a minute later these two women come walking up the side of the road, and by my car. One looked at the other as they were just ahead of my car, and pointed to my car, and I could see her lips say, "That car is leaking something." I thought, No it's taking a leak. They were nurses. I thought for sure they would recognize it as urine. I just laughed and laughed. Bless my crass self.

I was never so glad to get home in my life. I hadn't eaten part of my lunch before leaving the office, so needless to say I was starving when I got in. It was so treacherous coming down Kent to Kaplan, too. Cars were stopping at the top of the hill, and pulling to the right, because some ahead had started down the hill, and weren't able to stop as they approached the stop sign. What a mess.

I had my cheesy potato lunch entree, and cut up the cantaloupe I bought yesterday. OMG, it is so ripe. Just the way I love it.

I put on a CD from Soul Ballad collection and caught up this journal. Tonight, I will work on my article assessment for Thursday's class, and the discussion question(s) I have to make up. I was able to read the article on the way home in the car.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.