Miss Cleo plays the lesbian card
NEW YORK, Sept. 25 (UPI) -- Late-night psychic Miss Cleo has come out of the closet and announced that she is a lesbian.
The former card-reading infomercial queen whose catch-phrase "The cards never lie" made her a TV fixture, told The Advocate that her godson's homosexuality prompted her to make her own announcement.
"He was afraid of nothing and I thought, 'I can't be a hypocrite. This boy is going to force me to put my money where my mouth is,'" said Jamaica-born Miss Cleo, whose real name is Youree Dell CleomiliHarris.
The New York Daily News said Monday that the big news has cost Miss Cleo some friends and stunned family members. Miss Cleo's infomercials were pulled in 2002 due to lawsuits and regulatory inquiries.
I worked on homework all day today, up until time to leave for class at 5:30.
Class drove me nearly to distraction tonight for several reasons:
- Once again we copied a gazillion notes off the whiteboard, which doesn't make for a very stimulating class.
- Once again, the professor had to use the overhead projector (which is a "new-fangled" one that hooks up to a laptop, and all that, so it's not "intuitive" how it works), and he wasn't able to get it on at first, and then wasn't able to focus it and had the light shining on one half of the page, but not on the other. Result: a blurry, one-half lit graphic on the wall.
- The previous item wouldn't be so annoying if this same thing didn't happen the last time he used the equipment, yet he hasn't taken the time (outside of class) to figure out how to use it.
- Our syllabus indicated a VCR film to be watched during today's class, our fourth class, but we're still covering topics form the second class's agenda.
- He wanted us to hear a recording of a dialect, but he forget the tape player in his office.
At home I read the third (of four) articles for my Wednesday class, and devised the required blog entry for it.
I had a nice AIM conversation with Irene — it's been while — and it was nice to catch up.
I went to bed at just after 11:00, and did two crossword puzzles from puzzles.usatoday.com.
A Miss Cleo bonus clip: