DailyAfirmation (dailyafirmation) wrote,

TDF 1-Year Anniversary, dancing, and middle of the night visiting...

I spent the entire day today engrossed in creating the Tour de Friends section of my home page. I got the page done with the audio connections embedded in them, and "activated it" for a while in order for Robert to test it from the Internet. It worked! I can't wait to get the rest of it done, and to make it all "live."

Steve called me a little afternoon, and said, "Honey, I've been crying for the last 20 minutes over that card you sent me. That is the sweetest card I have ever received in my life. You're such a sweet man." Awwwwh. I'm looking forward to our week away the first week in August, when we can really catch up.

Joe and I were going to cook out today as part of our 1-year celebration of the ride, but as it turned out, I worked on my web pages too long to get it together, and I made an executive decision for us to just have nachos and H&D dip and CPK pizza instead.

I set up the coffee table with all of my TdF memorabilia (scrapbook, photo album, recorders, 3x5 desk photo), and lit three candles next to them. When Joe walked in, I said, "Mind the Tour de Friends shrine."

We decided to each read the journal entries that each of had written during the ride. This turned out to be so amazing... I started by reading my Day 1 entry to him, and then he read his Day 1 entry to me. It was just so cool, because we had each captured different things, and when heard the other's was like, "Oh yeah! Oh, I'm so glad you captured that!" It was very fun, and heart-warming. I felt so close to Joe, and I'm so glad he's in my life. That's all we ended up having time to do, and we hope to get together again soon, to look through, and listen to, the rest of the stuff.

Dancing was an absolute blast tonight. Missy wasn't there, so no danger of a sprained ankle. I danced with abandon, and we went until about 11:00. It was "Underwear Night," so I was in my boots and boxers all night, which is always fun. Joe and Patrick were there, and later on Steve came. After dancing stopped, Robert and I flirted about, which is always fun.

On the way home, we decided to stop at Snoopy's and who should be sitting there eating when we pulled up? Joe and Patrick. We sat with them and had a midnight snack. Once home, Robert and I were MMMMMMing when the phone rang. It was Van, inviting us over. They were still up, and said, "Come on over for a nightcap." Since Robert had to work in the morning, he declined, but I went over.

When I got out of my car in their driveway, they surprised me by saying hello from their deck. They each told me about their drama on the way to CCs and then home. They had tried to help a (drunk) kid get home, who ended up thinking they were cops, and then they got stopped for having a tail light out. Fortunately it all ended benignly with them just getting a warning ticket. I left there at 4AM.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.