DailyAfirmation (dailyafirmation) wrote,

Leisurely Sunday...

I got up at about 9:30 this morning. I checked the time of the Palm Springs Pride Parade, which I thought started at 1:00, but found out it was starting at 11. Since it was an hour and a half away, I decided to bag that trip.

I piddled around, had cereal and toast, check my mails, and had some coffee. After a shower, I packed my book, and my post cards, and headed out into the beautifully sunny day. I stopped by Target. I was looking for a travel size bottle of Head & Shoulders. They didn't have one -- just those huge bottles, and I don't want to have to lug that back in my suitcase. I bought two boxes of White Fudge Covered Oreos instead. :-)

I left there and stopped by a park off Barranca Road, and sat under a gazebo writing out post cards. The weather was just beautiful. A man and his child in a row boat came toward the gazebo, which jutted out into a pond. As they got close the man yelled, "Do you think we're going to make it?" Well, he was leaning sideways to keep his head from getting sheared off. The kid wasn't having any problem. I guess they made it safely under and through. I didn't hear or feel any thuds below my feet.

I stopped by work, and finished up a few things I didn't get done on Friday. Got the UNIX install book finished -- with the rebranding part. I hope Sue is ready to go tomorrow with an actual installation I can witness. ("Witness to the Execution" -- actually just saw a special on the witnessing of a death-row inmate, and the title of the show was that) While at work, I also spoke with Gary Salles via Sametime, and Irene, Steve1, Steve2, & Joe via AIM.

I left work at about 6:00, and went to the Spectrum Center to eat. On the way in, I passed by the Crazy Horse Steakhouse, where David Ball was performing tonight. I asked if there were any tickets available, and if it was going to just be a concert or if there was going to be dancing, too. She told me no dancing, and in fact, they had tables set up on the dance floor, and she had a $45 seat, right up front, available. I decided to pass. I think she was on commission, though, because she sure was persistent. I said, "I'm going to think about it; I'm not sure I want to go alone." She jumped on that, "Oh, there are other people attending alone. I just sold a ticket to another guy who was by himself." As if my dilemma about attending alone had to do with what other people would think about me attending alone. Bless her unevolved mess. :-)

I was going to eat at Wolfman Puck's, but stopped to check out the menu at The Yard House. I saw fish & chips on the menu, and was sold. It was yummy. I ate two of the four pieces, and got a to-go box for the other two pieces. I also passed on dessert remembering that I had those oreos!

I came back to the hotel from there, with intentions of going out later. Instead, a special, produced by People Magazine, caught my attention. They were interviewing Melissa Etheridge and Celine Dion. I watched the entire Melissa section, but fell asleep during Celine.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.