I went to Flex, where it was:
As they almost always do, this ad had a typo in it, which I've come to believe is done on purpose to get extra press. Just in case though, I did make a collage of some of my IDs to see if I could get in free:
In what will come as a surprise to no one who goes to Flex, I saw exactly zero "campus cubs," as this is a leather/levi/daddy bar and pretty much all of the young people in this city go to Legends.
But I digress...
I had texted Joe and Todd when I was about 20 miles out of Raleigh, and they had already started their evening over at The Borough, and they said they'd meet me at Flex.
I didn't see them when I first arrived. I went right to the water cooler and got a red Solo cup full of free water.
I was at once overwhelmed by the delicious aroma of pepperoni, as there were about 8 boxes of pizza on the bar next to the water. It took every ounce in me all night long not to eat a piece of that.
My thoughts and observations about the evening:
- I wondered if I would have been able to resist that pizza had I been drinking.
- I felt a little "disconnected" tonight, and I spent some time away from everyone, playing on my phone.
- Once again, the undesirables were just that, not annoying me any more or less than had I been drinking.
- I called it a night at Flex instead of going on to Fifteen or The Borough, which I probably would have done had I been drinking.
- I paid a $5 cover tonight, so that was the extent of my expenses for the evening.
- I drank 5 or 6 of those Solo cups—which I believe hold 16 ounces—of water.
- I woke up in the middle of the night again and peed like crazy. That's not something I'm enjoying about this.
2 days down, 29 to go.