The synopsisAfter her cheating husband leaves her, Mildred Pierce proves she can become independent and successful, but cannot seem to win the approval of her spoiled daughter.
My thoughts and observations
- It was very interesting noting the differences between the movie and the miniseries, the most obvious being that a murder takes place at the very beginning of the movie, which doesn't happen in the miniseries.
- After seeing both versions, it makes me want to read the book by James Cain to see what parts were culled from each, or what parts weren't in the book at all, perhaps.
- This is definitely the youngest I've ever seen Joan Crawford in anything, and she looked pretty good.
- Themes touched on in this movie were pretty much the same as those in the HBO miniseries, with perhaps, "murder" and "taking the fall," added.
- The biggest takeaway from this movie for me was the shoulder pads. Can you say linebacker shoulders?
- I gave this movie two thumbs up.
Have you seen this movie? If so, what did you think of it?