this is what I saw at my front door when I pulled into my parking spot that faces it:
Here is the series of questions and thoughts that went through my mind:
- Who would be sending these to me?
- What's the date? Is it an occasion that I've forgotten about?
- I can't believe no one has stolen these.
- I wonder how long these have been here.
- What kind of florist leaves a bouquet out in the open like that when no one's home?
- What kind of florist leaves flowers like that outside in this oppressive heat?
- Hey, that's not my name.
- Hey, that's not my address.
- What kind of florist leaves a bouquet out in the open like that, when no one's home, out in this oppressive heat, and at the wrong address?
and then drawing close enough to read the card...
I brought them to my next door neighbor, and when she didn't answer her door, I left them on her stoop.
Hey, what's good for the florist is good for the Good Samaritan.